Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where exactly IS Bosnia?

So a common question I've received after telling people what I am doing next year is, "Where is Bosnia?" And if someone does know, it's because they have heard about the bloody Bosnian War in the 90's. To let you all know, Bosnia is stable. YES Abroad wouldn't be sending five teenage girls there if it wasn't.
Back to my original point. Bosnia is in Eastern Europe. See that little orange spot across the Adriatic Sea from Italy? I'll be there!
 Another common question is when am I leaving? Well, I wish I could give you an exact date, but I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving beginning of August which I'm happy about so I have time to say good bye to everyone one last time. According to Emma, another YES student going to Bosnia, school starts September 3rd and they would like us in Bosnia two to three weeks ahead of time. Which I am very excited about. I just ordered over $100 worth in Bosnian language material. Crazy stuff! Ready for my introduction? Pozdrav, moje ime je Katie. Yeah, you tell me how to say that without being compared to speaking in tongues.

On NSLI-Y news: It's not happening, but I'm ok with it. I'm glad I didn't get the rejection from NSLI-Y and then was forced to wait anxiously for YES's reply. At least I have Bosnia to look forward to!

Anyway, 66 days until Washington DC for Pre-Departure Orientation.

Until I get more information,

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment