Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blessed

    Going about daily life, you don't really go about thinking, "I am such a lucky person for having this" or "I can't believe I get to experience this."

Everyday here, I should be saying that.

I really cannot believe that I am in Bosnia studying abroad.


I am incredibly lucky that I was selected out of so many worthy candidates.


But most of all, I am blessed.

I am blessed to have family who support me and love me.


I am blessed with friends back home who have stuck with me through every tedious detail of my life.




I am blessed that I was selected.
I am blessed to have come here with four very different girls and share this experience in very different ways.


I am blessed to have met such extraordinary people from all over the world.


I am blessed to have an incredible host family.

I am blessed with friends here who I will keep for the rest of my life.




I am blessed that this past year has been life-changing.

(there's no picture that can exactly portray this... #awkward)

I am blessed that God has worked through me in perfectly subtle ways.

(there's no picture for that either...)

I am blessed with people who have made this experience so much more memorable.

I could put twenty pictures in here... pretty much if there's a picture with people, I am blessed because of them :D

I am blessed to have gone on adventures.



I am blessed that people have pushed me to do things I never would have considered.

The reason I chose this picture is because Anna made me walk up a mountain. I usually won't do that willingly.
    I am so incredibly blessed to be here and I am so thankful for everyone who made this possible. I understand I have seven more weeks here and I shouldn't be dwelling on our inevitable return, but after Kat from church treated me to lunch and a round at the driving range (Ha. ha. Hahaha.), I just couldn't not feel so blessed to have people like that around me.
    Church has been my safe haven here, but it's also been a challenge. At times, it's felt like church back home and all I wanted to do was curl in a ball and be like, "but those aren't my friends! This isn't my church! I understand nothing!" But then I've made some of the best friends I could have, people were patient with my Bosnian skills and practiced with me, and I don't think most people realize how thankful I am for them being there when I needed it. True, I don't always understand every word coming out of the pastor's mouth and sometimes I get a wave of, "I miss my friends," but it's less and less now. I love these people so much and it hurts my heart that I have to say goodbye so soon.

    I'm sorry these last two posts have had me thinking ahead to when we go home, but this is what happens during this time in an exchange student's life! I just didn't realize it would hit so hard.

   So thank you, everyone who has made this the greatest experience ever. I'm just happy to say it's not over yet.

   Anyway, that's enough sap for the day. Here's a picture of me attempting to golf:


    Until my mom arrives (FIVE DAYS),
-Katie

2 comments:

  1. My reaction: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, heartfelt, and good to realize early how important everyone is to you...makes for no regrets later and enjoying the experience to the full now!

    ReplyDelete